2016 Duathlon Athlete Guide
Race day is nearly here!
Race Omaha is excited to kick-off the 2016 race season with our Duathlon on Sunday, April 24. Memphis State Recreation Area is accessible from Nebraska Highway 63 via County Road D near Memphis; 7.5 miles north of Ashland. Remember that a Nebraska park permit is required for all state parks and recreation areas.
Fun Facts About This Years Duathlon:
- We have 135 people signed up with the youngest being 21 and oldest being 66.
- There are 12 Teams and 22 First Time multi-sport athletes.
- We have a juggler, a flutist and a tuba player.
- Over 55% of the athletes answered “nothing” as an interesting fact!
- We have several cancer survivors, PhD’s and many people “crazy for pain!”
- We have 5 sates represented (NE, IA, KS, CO and CA).
- A Canadian and a Chilean.
- One person likes to needlepoint their tri suits.
- We have free beer at the Finish Line – SAWEET!
Please arrive as early as you can! We open at 7 a.m. Registration opens at 8 a.m. and the race will start at 9:00 a.m.